Maintaining and Improving Your Smile!
We do a wide range of tooth extractions in our office. However, there are times when we do need to refer out to a specialist for wisdom teeth or impacted teeth. Also, referrals to an oral surgeon are given when a patient would rather be sedated for the entire procedure or they are just very apprehensive about having the procedure done because of a previous bad experience.
At Dr. Glasscock’s office we want every visit to be as comfortable as possible. So, if you choose to have a tooth extraction in our office, ask us about “oral sedation”. We do not use Nitrous Oxide in our office instead, we offer Valium for those that are nervous or anxious.
Extractions are done for a variety of reasons.
- Very large cavity or caries that cannot be restored.
- Periodontal diseases.
- Fractured or broken teeth.
- Teeth that are traumatized.
- Teeth that fail to erupt or are unable to erupt.
- Abscessed teeth that have infection that has spread.
- Teeth that are abnormal in development.
- Teeth that are involved in cysts or tumors.
- Ectopic teeth that have erupted in a wrong place.
- The orthodontist requesting removal of the teeth.
All teeth can potentially cause problems and become infected; which will call for the removal of the tooth or teeth. Extractions can range from a single tooth, to removing several teeth at one time. Dental extractions are done after administration of local anesthesia that makes the tooth and the surrounding tissues numb.Thus, extractions are not painful, but a feeling of pressure will be felt by the patient during the procedure.
Call Today for Your Appointment at 704-510-1150!