No More Sore, Tight, or Strained Muscles.. Impress Today for Your Relief!
Sleep Bruxism is a condition when you clench or grind your teeth while sleeping. In some people, it can become frequent and severe and lead to jaw disorders, headaches, damaged teeth and other problems. This is a common condition which happens most frequently at night. There are usually two main causes for teeth grinding and clenching to occur.
2. Abnormal bite or missing teeth.
Why is it important to treat chronic teeth grinding?
- Teeth grinding can cause fracturing, loosening or lost teeth
- It can affect your jaw muscles
- It can lead to hearing loss
- It can cause TMD/TMJ to worsen
- In severe cases, it can change the appearance of your face
If you grind your teeth you should consider a night guard. The night guard, which is very similar to a mouth guard worn by athletes, provides a barrier between your top and bottom teeth while you sleep. All night guards are custom fitted for comfort and to allow for proper breathing. Your dentist will take an impression of your teeth and have the night guard created by a dental lab. Night guards are very durable and can be used for several years.
Call Today for Your Appointment at 704-510-1150!